- 1Belief in the power of demons.More example sentences
- At the same time, demonic possession increased dramatically, probably because demonism in general and witchcraft in particular were preoccupations of the age.
- Throughout history the tattoo bears the mark of paganism, demonism, Baal worship, shamanism, mysticism, heathenism, cannibalism and just about every other pagan belief known.
- This Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, recorded in Los Angeles in 1957, is one of the best in the catalog, particularly if you see demonism as an essential aspect of this work.
- 2Action or behaviour that seems too cruel or wicked to be human: the demonism of warfareMore example sentences
- Weaver sees in this a species of the demonic, for demonism is ‘blind to everything except what it wants.’
More definitions of demonismDefinition of demonism in:
- The US English dictionary