Definition of demonopolize in English:
Introduce competition into (a market or economy) by privatizing previously nationalized assets: the key ingredient, demonopolizing the economy, has not been fully approved
More example sentences
- This is to become the first stage in demonopolizing foreign operations in the electricity industry.
- In all three countries, trade is now demonopolized and licensing and quotas play a very small role.
- In mid-December the government set a timetable for demonopolizing its power sector.
- Example sentences
- Despite the national sighs of relief about demonopolisation of telecommunications, a vacuum has set in over precisely how the liberalisation is going to work.
- According to a 2001 study by a well-known think tank, utility demonopolization would create 45,000 new jobs.
- The 2001 budget law provided for the demonopolization of telecommunications and certain types of insurance, but basic telephony and workers’ compensation insurance remain a monopoly.
Definition of demonopolize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan