Introduce competition into (a market or economy) by privatizing previously nationalized assets: the key ingredient, demonopolizing the economy, has not been fully approved
More example sentences
- This is to become the first stage in demonopolizing foreign operations in the electricity industry.
- In all three countries, trade is now demonopolized and licensing and quotas play a very small role.
- In mid-December the government set a timetable for demonopolizing its power sector.
- More example sentences
- Despite the national sighs of relief about demonopolisation of telecommunications, a vacuum has set in over precisely how the liberalisation is going to work.
- According to a 2001 study by a well-known think tank, utility demonopolization would create 45,000 new jobs.
- The 2001 budget law provided for the demonopolization of telecommunications and certain types of insurance, but basic telephony and workers’ compensation insurance remain a monopoly.
Definition of demonopolize in:
- The US English dictionary