- 1The female leader of a den of Cub Scouts.More example sentences
- Your best choice would be a teacher, a camp councillor, a den mother or a girl scout troop leader, for example.
- My mother was my Cub Scout den mother and Sunday school teacher who got me started in Scouting, a path that led to receiving the Eagle Scout award from Troop 77 in Toccoa.
- Then backstage, 20 minutes later, the den mother who's running them is sobbing in disappointment, and the girls are all standing around her confused, not understanding why she's upset.
- 1.1A woman who plays a supportive or protective role for a particular group of people: the band’s business manager, cook, and de facto den motherMore example sentences
- The citation described Cora, who has been associated with NCEW for over 40 years, as "our den mother, our institutional memory, and the heart and soul of NCEW."
- In the '50s Lois began as the classic baby-boom mom: a romantic lover to her husband, a devoted den mother to her kids, and a civic activist to her community.
- She was a kind of den mother for everybody in the office.
More definitions of den motherDefinition of den mother in:
- The US English dictionary