- less common term for decimal. denary numbersMore example sentences
- Base 9 is called nonary, Base 10 is called denary or decimal, continued below…
- One could not possibly even write the number down in full, in our ordinary denary (power of ten) notation: it would be one followed by ten to the power of 123 successive zeros!
- In the kitchen scales, for example, the weight is displayed as a denary number on the display.
mid 19th century: from Latin denarius 'containing ten' (see denarius).
More definitions of denaryDefinition of denary in:
- The US English dictionary