Definition of denazify in English:
verb (denazifies, denazifying, denazified)[with object]
Remove Nazi influence from: Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill agree to denazify Germany
More example sentences
- She was rapidly ‘denazified’ in 1945 and not charged with any crime.
- From the moment of Germany's defeat, the United States was active in apprehending war criminals, denazifying German society, and collecting and protecting archives of the Nazi regime, all of which have by now been declassified.
- Example sentences
- By the time the war ended, Riefenstahl had yet to edit the film and it was impounded during the denazification tribunals.
- That result, or that perception, was mediated by our subsequent denazification programs and also a degree of moral realization of the evils committed by those regimes.
- Well, in his isolated time after the war, during his denazification, Heidegger came to believe poetry was the means to open up the world.
Definition of denazify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan