- another term for dendrite ( sense 1).More example sentences
- To make their molecular molds, the researchers begin by attaching wedge-shaped molecules called ‘dendrons’ to a porphyrin core to create a dendrimer.
- Arborescent and dendritic are terms that mean ‘treelike ‘- from the Latin arbor and the Greek dendron.’
- The name derives from the Greek philo or ‘love’ and dendron, ‘tree’, because of its heart-shaped leaves.
late 19th century: from dendrite, on the pattern of words such as axon.
More definitions of dendronDefinition of dendron in:
- The US English dictionary