Definition of denticulate in English:
Having small teeth or tooth-like projections; finely toothed.
- Both mesial and distal edges of the crowns are coarsely denticulate, with the denticles oriented at an angle of approximately 45° with respect to the long axis of the crown.
- The outer lip is crenulated on its edge, and smooth or weakly denticulate on the inner side.
- Sculpture on the inner side of the outer lip varies from absent to lirate to denticulate.
- Example sentences
- In some specimens the anterior edge of the base is serrated or irregularly denticulated.
- The outer side is smoothly rounded; on the inner side the anterior edge is faintly denticulated.
- Because of the denticulated architecture of the rim, with its numerous and perilous lookouts, this would add countless miles to our trip.
Words that rhyme with denticulatearticulate
Definition of denticulate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.