- A tall, broadly conical cedar which has drooping branches and bears large barrel-shaped cones, native to the Himalayas.
More example sentences
- Cedrus deodara, family Pinaceae
- We arrived in Ranikhet, located 1,830 m above sea level, encircled by tall pine trees and soaring deodars, commanding views of the Himalayas glistening white in the distance.
- Dense shrubbery can provide shelter, as can brush piles, thickets of rugosa roses, or tall evergreen trees such as coast live oak, deodar cedar, or redwood.
- The nursery offers other conifers, including Colorado blue spruce, deodar cedar, Douglas fir, and coast redwood.
early 19th century: from Hindi deodār, from Sanskrit devadāru 'divine tree'.
More definitions of deodarDefinition of deodar in:
- The US English dictionary