- A large shop stocking many varieties of goods in different departments: the oldest department store in LondonMore example sentences
- The wife frequently shopped at a large department store for which she had a store card.
- I feel no urge to spend my weekends at the garden centre, the department store or the furniture warehouse.
- I pointed across the street at the record store, stuck quietly between a hair salon and a department store.
More definitions of department storeDefinition of department store in:
- The US English dictionary