- A seating area in an airport where passengers wait immediately prior to boarding.More example sentences
- They were kept waiting on the tarmac in Manchester for nearly three hours, before spending five hours in a departure lounge, only to be told their flight had been cancelled.
- Passengers departing from Dublin were held up in queues for up to two hours as they were made remove belts, shoes, prosthetic limbs and false teeth as they passed into the departure lounge.
- The new area will become a dedicated domestic departure lounge when the building is eventually renovated and partly rebuilt.
More definitions of departure loungeDefinition of departure lounge in:
- The US English dictionary