Definition of depersonalization in English:
1The action of divesting someone or something of human characteristics or individuality.
- We oppose the depersonalization that reduces human beings to the status of things.
- The Beatles wanted to turn away from the comfortable and reassuring familiarity that is the essence of pop music and stardom, and instead confront their audience with strangeness and a kind of depersonalization.
- Starting especially in the 1940s observers of Los Angeles began viewing this self-conscious culture of the hard sell in terms of commodification and depersonalization.
1.1 Psychiatry A state in which one’s thoughts and feelings seem unreal or not to belong to oneself.
- Part of it measures five symptom areas: amnesia, depersonalization, derealization, identity confusion, and identity alteration.
- The patient's mental status was marked by confusion, hostility, paranoia, agitation, and depersonalization.
- There are a few disorders of self-awareness, such as schizophrenia, Alzheimer's, autism, depersonalisation disorder.
Definition of depersonalization in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.