- Forty-eight hours before UVB exposure, mice were shaved with electric clippers and chemically depilated.
- After being bathed, depilated and doused in sweet heavy perfumes, queens and commoners alike are portrayed sitting patiently before their hairdressers, although it is equally clear that wigmakers enjoyed a brisk trade.
- While contemporary women are not literally forced to depilate, the culture and media pressure us to do so.
- Example sentences
- There will be a long list of services to choose from (massages, depilation, pedicure, etc.), but it's usually only written in Turkish, so have handy a pocket dictionary before you make your choice.
- Several randomized and observational studies with controls show that either wet or dry shaving the evening before the procedure results in a significantly higher infection rate than depilation or electric clipping.
- Other researchers studied clipping compared to historical controls (ie, depilation, shaving), and they found no change in infection rates, which were 1% both before and after changes in practice.
Mid 16th century (earlier (late Middle English) as depilation): from Latin depilat- 'stripped of hair', from the verb depilare, from de- (expressing removal) + pilare (from pilus 'hair').
Words that rhyme with depilateepilate
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: dep¦il|ate
Definition of depilate in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.