verb[with object] • dated
- Return (requisitioned property) to its former owner: the corporation agreed to seek permission from the Minister to derequisition the plaintiff’s premisesMore example sentences
- The Army retained control of the site until it was derequisitioned in 1952 when it was returned to farmland.
- By November, Friston had seen its heyday and was finally derequisitioned in April 1946.
- It was derequisitioned in 1946 and returned to the Corporation.
More definitions of derequisitionDefinition of derequisition in:
- The US English dictionary