- Something derived, especially a product obtained chemically from a raw material.More example sentences
- Another promising approach is the use of butyric acid derivates such as 4-phenylbutyrate.
- With a sufficient number of distinct line-cross derivates, increasingly complicated models of gene interaction can be tested.
- This story caught the attention of several drug companies, who are testing pain-killers based on nicotine derivates.
late Middle English: from Latin derivat- 'derived', from the verb derivare (see derive).
More definitions of derivateDefinition of derivate in:
- The US English dictionary