- (In cosmetic surgery) the removal of superficial layers of skin with a rapidly revolving abrasive tool.More example sentences
- There are chapters on skin flaps, skin grafting, dermabrasion, tissue expansion, cryosurgery, chemical peeling, hair restoration, face lifts, and sclerotherapy.
- Surgical excision, dermabrasion, electrosurgery and cryosurgery may be curative.
- Tattoos can be removed by various means, including dermabrasion, excision and suturing, and laser surgery, though usually with some residual scarring.
1950s: from Greek derma 'skin' + abrasion.
More definitions of dermabrasionDefinition of dermabrasion in:
- The US English dictionary