Definition of desalinate in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective desalinated)
Remove salt from (seawater): a pipeline pumping desalinated seawater into the desert
More example sentences
- Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
- Alternative sources such as reclaimed wastewater and desalinated seawater are options in some locales.
- Apart from a tiny percentage of the world's population, who drink desalinated seawater, the only water we drink is rainwater.
- Example sentences
- They guzzle so much energy that desalinators operate only in locations with excess petroleum, or where waste heat from power plants (especially nuclear and geothermal) can be recycled.
- Behind him, he towed a raft outfitted with a coffin-size sleeping compartment and carrying fishing tackle, compass, sextant, and three portable water desalinators.
- Designed to carry up to 20 divers in well-equipped double cabins, she has two generators, two water desalinators, air and nitrox and photo-processing facilities.
Definition of desalinate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan