Definition of desalinate in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective desalinated)
Remove salt from (seawater): a pipeline pumping desalinated seawater into the desert
More example sentences
- Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient.
- Alternative sources such as reclaimed wastewater and desalinated seawater are options in some locales.
- Apart from a tiny percentage of the world's population, who drink desalinated seawater, the only water we drink is rainwater.
- Example sentences
- They guzzle so much energy that desalinators operate only in locations with excess petroleum, or where waste heat from power plants (especially nuclear and geothermal) can be recycled.
- Behind him, he towed a raft outfitted with a coffin-size sleeping compartment and carrying fishing tackle, compass, sextant, and three portable water desalinators.
- Designed to carry up to 20 divers in well-equipped double cabins, she has two generators, two water desalinators, air and nitrox and photo-processing facilities.
Definition of desalinate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.