US term for desalinate.
More example sentences
- In southwestern Florida, the water district is reportedly spending more than a billion U.S. dollars to come up with ways to meet the growing demand, including desalinizing ocean water.
- The island's location, in the doldrums of the Caribbean, forces it to rely on desalinized ocean water, which is very expensive.
- But in reality if you add those costs, I believe the cost of water that you are drinking is higher than the desalinized water.
- More example sentences
- This process is also known as desalinization, desalting or saline water reclamation.
- The plan calls for petrochemical plants, along with power stations and desalinization plants that will sell their output to local customers.
- We also know the desalinization is expensive and will cause marine pollution when the hot, briny residue is dumped back in the sea.
Definition of desalinize in:
- The US English dictionary