verb[with object] British
- Remove deposits of scale from: if you have problems with your heating system, you need to descale it thoroughlyMore example sentences
- Wash bins, descale taps and plugholes, etc, as required.
- Tubes supplied with an anodized surface must be descaled at the ends before welding.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning, disinfecting and descaling.
- More example sentences
- He claimed the chemical was very expensive but admitted he had mistakenly believed he was using a descaler.
- The element in our last kettle was impervious to descaler and had started to resemble a chilly tundra.
- In addition, formic acid is an active ingredient in commercial cleaning products, such as descalers, rust removers, and degreasers.