- The most common size of recorder (musical instrument), with a range of two octaves from the C above middle C upwards.More example sentences
- The 1970s detail is quite particular: a chopper bike, space hopper and the piercing tunelessness of the daughter's descant recorder are all thrown into the rowing family's maelstrom.
- She plays all the instruments featured, including six and 12-string guitars, tenor, treble and descant recorders, clarinet and bodhrán.
- Then they troop back again in groups or two or three to give proof positive that, however simple descant recorders may look, it is possible to play them horribly out of tune.
More definitions of descant recorderDefinition of descant recorder in:
- The US English dictionary