- Descending from an ancestor: there are 60 descendent families descendent lineagesMore example sentences
- Other people may simply want to verify whether they are actually descendent from a specific group or a certain person for legal reasons or peace of mind.
- Four of the descendent pairs were eventually imported into the United States in 1954.
- They thus not only compare populations with others that existed at the same time; they also compare them with both ancestral and descendent populations.
On the difference between descendent and descendant, see descendant (usage).
More definitions of descendentDefinition of descendent in:
- The US English dictionary