- 1A part of a letter that extends below the level of the base of a letter such as x (as in g and p).More example sentences
- There are loops on the ascenders and descenders, except for lower case ‘t’ letters and some ‘d' letters, which are straight.
- Within each triplet set, the items were matched for rhyme and whether the initial letter was an ascender, descender, or x-height.
- Ascenders and descenders are long to ensure their legibility.
- 1.1A letter having a descender.More example sentences
- Another aspect of the invention resides in addressing the character element rows of the character store in a partially cyclic manner such that descender letters are read-out for display in a "lowered", correctly aligned, position in a row of displayed characters.
More definitions of descenderDefinition of descender in:
- The US English dictionary