Definition of descriptor in English:
1 Linguistics A word or expression used to describe or identify something.
- Values are expressed as mean [+ or -] SD, and the word descriptors are expressed as [chi square] or by p value.
- Next, I determined whether the literature distribution is different across different key word descriptors describing environmental endocrine disruption.
- The descriptor words themselves appeared one or more times within a particular obituary or across different obituaries.
2 Computing A piece of stored data that indicates how other data is stored.
- Since Linux stores the process descriptor and the kernel mode process stack in a single 8KB memory area, we can use this fact and avoid allocating memory for labeling the subjects.
- Method of scheduling interrupts to the linked lists of transfer descriptors scheduled at intervals on a serial bus
- Scanning an array of descriptors or waiting for data consumes processing time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.