verb[with object] (usually as adjective deseeded)
Remove the seeds from (a plant, vegetable, or fruit): deseeded black grapes
More example sentences
- Then seeds were removed and seeds and deseeded berries were weighed either immediately or after drying them at 105°C in a forced-air oven to constant weight.
- Air dry the quartered and deseeded tomatoes in the oven overnight, leaving the oven switched off.
- Traditional practices of cultivation and storage (grains are not deseeded but kept on the stalk to prevent spoilage), reduced the impact of the recurring droughts on food intake.
- Example sentences
- Another theme will be ` Musts for Millionaires ’, where the weirdest kitchen utensils, from a radish peeler to a tomato deseeder, will be presented and demonstrated.
- Im not partial to tomato chunks, thus, the need for a deseeder; the deseeder usually produces much more liquid than deseeding by hand, thus the decrease in number of tomatoes.
- Does anyone know where I can buy a deseeder for the berries?
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: de¦seed
Definition of deseed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.