- A remote tropical island, typically an uninhabited one: Carwyn seemed like a castaway on a desert islandMore example sentences
- I feel like growling, packing a bag and heading for a remote desert island where only the wind bothers to whisper.
- Due to some unforeseen plot machination, your character is washed up on the beach of a tropical desert island.
- Imagine, for the sake of argument, that you have been stranded on a desert island, a veritable tropical paradise.
More definitions of desert islandDefinition of desert island in:
- The US English dictionary