- A soldier of the 7th British armoured division (with the jerboa as a badge) in the North African desert campaign of 1941-2.More example sentences
- It is interesting to note that we are about to celebrate the end of the war in 1945 in which our member spent five years as a desert rat defending democracy, only to be troubled by louts at the age of 83.
- The former desert rat was being forced to give up his home help support after the weekly cost more than trebled.
- He was a desert rat with the 8th Army in North Africa and then a Chindit behind Japanese lines in Burma.
More definitions of desert ratDefinition of desert rat in:
- The US English dictionary