Showing the loss of all hope: he gave a despairing little shrug
More example sentences
- Charlie collapsed in a chair, giving a despairing little sigh.
- She gave no answer to my reproaches, save to gaze at me with a sort of wild, despairing look in her eyes.
- About three of their forwards scrambled the ball past our despairing goalie.
- Example sentences
- But this socializing is a heavy task,’ he says, a little despairingly.
- The incomprehensible fact that not everybody's vehicle on planet Earth is powered by this super-efficient waste product of the oil-refining process would doubtless prompt him to shake his head despairingly again.
- His wife despairingly asks, ‘What is it that you want?’
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: des¦pair|ing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.