verb[with object] Biology
- Selectively remove stain from (a specimen for microscopy, a chromatography gel, etc.) after it has previously been stained: (as noun destaining) after destaining the gel was dried and then apposed to X-ray filmMore example sentences
- We stained the gels in 0.1% Coomassie blue for 1 h and destained them in a 40% methanol and 10% acetic acid solution overnight.
- Papanicolaou staining and destaining do not interfere with indirect IS-PCR for HPV DNA detection.
- The gels were stained with Coomassie blue, destained, and dried, then analyzed by autoradiography overnight at - 80 deg C.
More definitions of destainDefinition of destain in:
- The US English dictionary