- Intend or choose for a particular purpose or end.More example sentences
- This perverted abhorrence of women destines religions to collide with modernity everywhere, for to be modern is to set women free.
- You will recall that this is the scheme that destines all cattle over the age of 30 months to be burnt.
- The sheer scale and scope of the exhibition, combined with the reality that most visitors possessed only a passing knowledge of African political history would have seemed to destine this project for incoherence.
Middle English (in the sense 'predetermine, decree'): from Old French destiner, from Latin destinare 'make firm, establish'.
More definitions of destineDefinition of destine in:
- The US English dictionary