- 1A small, fast warship, especially one equipped for a defensive role against submarines and aircraft.More example sentences
- The fleet includes a submarine, a destroyer and an aircraft carrier.
- These ships were to be supported by six torpedo-boat destroyers, two submarines and support ships.
- At sea, he served in a battleship, an aircraft carrier, in cruisers, destroyers, frigates, and a minesweeper.
- 2A person or thing that destroys something: CFCs are the chief destroyers of the ozone layerMore example sentences
- Gunns is also a destroyer of native forests on other private land, by means of joint ventures or other commercial arrangements with owners of native forests.
- Shiva is the destroyer of the world, following Brahma the creator and Vishnu the preserver, after which Brahma again creates the world and so on.
- The long duration of their wars, and their inflexible adherence to their purpose, are to be ranked among the foremost destroyers of the human species.
More definitions of destroyerDefinition of destroyer in:
- The US English dictionary