- A deadly poisonous white toadstool which grows in woodland, native to Eurasia and North America.
More example sentences
- Genus Amanita, family Amanitaceae, class Hymenomycetes: several species, including the European A. virosa
- It includes several edible species but also the notorious death cap and destroying angel, besides several species which are poisonous to a lesser extent.
- Back at the hotel, he'll help you turn them into a full-blown feast - then treat you to fireside horror stories about what would have happened if you'd picked a destroying angel.
- Fear of destroying angels should not prevent you from mushroom hunting.
More definitions of destroying angelDefinition of destroying angel in:
- The US English dictionary