Definition of desynchronize in English:
Disturb the synchronization of; put out of step or phase: (as adjective desynchronized) desynchronized cortical rhythms
More example sentences
- In addition to its sleep-promoting effects, melatonin also has chronobiotic properties, that is, the ability to induce phase-shifts in the circadian clock and to reentrain desynchronized circadian rhythms.
- The battle rhythm of execution of ISR operations is most desynchronized with the timeline of the logistics community.
- This desynchronizes the electrical signal in the cell, so that it can't efficiently activate nerve impulses further on down the line.
- Example sentences
- Shiftwork frequently causes a desynchronization between the sleep-wake cycle, light-darkness rhythm, and other endogenous biological rhythms.
- This is probably caused by internal desynchronization of clock gene cyclings within a given individual animal.
- Kay suggests that geomagnetic storms act as a precipitant in susceptible individuals through desynchronisation of pineal circadian rhythms or via an effect on serotonergic and adrenergic systems.
Definition of desynchronize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia