(also detective novel)
- A story whose plot revolves around the investigation and solving of a crime.More example sentences
- The plot is a detective story solved by the intended victim working in collaboration with his would-be murderer.
- It reads like the plot of a detective novel, but now the inside story of the infamous theft of the code-breaking Enigma machine is to be disclosed.
- He is the father of much genre writing - the detective story, the ghost story, science fiction, the psychological thriller.
More definitions of detective storyDefinition of detective story in:
- The US English dictionary