another term for detoxify.
More example sentences
- This type of water is ‘light’ water; it helps diuresis and also detoxicates the body.
- A body wrap treatment is supposed to detoxicate the body, or maybe help the body shed off a few pounds.
- Cellectronic micro-currents and the detoxifying lotion cleanse, detoxicate and moisturize the skin.
mid 19th century: from de- (expressing removal) + Latin toxicum 'poison', on the pattern of intoxicate.
- More example sentences
- As important as behavioral and physiological alterations are as a means of circumventing toxins, direct metabolic detoxication is arguably the strategy which is the most effective and most commonly employed by phytophagous insects.
- It has the effects of resolving swelling and detoxication, and it can be applied in case of lack of lactation and mammary swelling.
- Our sampling of urine on day 6 of each resin treatment level seems adequate to measure detoxication metabolites.
Definition of detoxicate in:
- The US English dictionary