Definition of detrain in English:
Leave or cause to leave a train: [no object]: the train from Loughborough will stop at Quorn for passengers to detrain [with object]: passengers were detrained as the train was on fire
More example sentences
- After detraining the passengers, the train backed out on the main, reversed direction, and then went east 18 miles to Seth to turn on the wye.
- It is a revenue run, Train 3600, but I did not observe any passengers detrain once it arrived.
- The platform was mobbed with people just detraining from a Corridor train on the opposite track but we soon reached Location A where our car would be spotted.
- Example sentences
- Consequently, addressing human factors issues implicated in wrong direction moves or unauthorised detrainments can result in SMARTer recommendations and lead to organisational and cultural changes.
- A chap from the HMRI (Her Majesty's Railway Inspectorate) came to talk to me and a supervisor about detrainments yesterday.
Definition of detrain in:
- US English dictionary