(also detrusor muscle)
- A muscle which forms a layer of the wall of the bladder.More example sentences
- During normal voiding the detrusor muscle contracts and the muscles of the urethral sphincter and pelvic floor relax in a co-ordinated fashion to allow the bladder to empty.
- The detrusor, levator ani, and external sphincter muscles share the sacral nerves as a common innervation source.
- This is caused by the muscle of the bladder wall - known as the detrusor muscle - being overactive.
mid 18th century: modern Latin, from Latin detrus- 'thrust down', from the verb detrudere.
More definitions of detrusorDefinition of detrusor in:
- The US English dictionary