(also deuteriated /djuːˈtɪərɪeɪtɪd/)
(Of a compound) in which the ordinary isotope of hydrogen has been replaced with deuterium.
- The activation energy is greater and the rate of the reaction is correspondingly less for the deuterated compounds.
- It must be remembered that the deuterated compounds have a lower Tm than the nondeuterated compounds.
- They then dissolved the sample in deuterated acetone and filtered it before running the NMR spectra.
- Example sentences
- Neutron diffraction determinations of the methyl distribution using specific deuteration will resolve the issue.
- The results indicate that also in viscous solutions, where bimolecular quenching reactions are inhibited, deuteration of the ring nitrogen does not affect the lifetime of NATA.
- Pohnert used deuteration techniques to figure out which nutrients are being used to make the chemical weapons.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: deu¦ter|ated
Definition of deuterated in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.