- The European orange hawkweed, which has become naturalized in North America.
More example sentences
- Hieracium aurantiacum, family Compositae
- Early New England farmers called it the Devil's Paintbrush possibly from the reddish orange colour.
- You didn't mention where you were located, but in Eastern Canada our soil is very acid, favouring plants like strawberries and 'Devil's Paintbrush'.
More definitions of devil's paintbrushDefinition of devil's paintbrush in:
- The US English dictionary