- A prickly angelica tree native to the eastern US. Also called Hercules' club.
More example sentences
- Aralia spinosa, family Araliaceae
- The common name of Aralia spinosa L., the devil's walking stick, arises from observations that the majority of plants of this species are composed of a single axis, heavily armed with prickles.
- That's certainly true when it comes to tara-no-ki, which I've seen called devil's walking stick in English, and its horny, spiny, prickly and jaggy companions.
- Bradley routinely drives down Dominion Boulevard in Chesapeake, where he sees lots of devil's walking stick trees growing alongside the highway.
More definitions of devil's walking stickDefinition of devil's walking stick in:
- The US English dictionary