noun (plural same or devilfishes)
- Any of a number of marine creatures that are perceived as having a sinister appearance, in particular a devil ray, a stonefish, or an octopus or squid.More example sentences
- Their names say everything - dragon fish, devilfish, viper fish, gulper eels, blacktail netdevils, ghost sharks.
- Schools of pelagics patrol the pinnacle - devilfish, samson, amberjacks, jewfish, trevally, mackerel and bullseyes, as well as black cod, spangled emperor and snapper.
- They were lucky - it turned out to be the first time even our guide from Atlantic had seen a devilfish, that smaller relative of the manta ray, in five years!
More definitions of devilfishDefinition of devilfish in:
- The US English dictionary