- 1Drain (a waterlogged or flooded area): (as noun dewatering) a study will determine the impact of dewatering in the Humboldt Basin areaMore example sentences
- Here in Florida, any road construction requires the entire site be dewatered.
- We began by dewatering the site, followed by a geophysical survey and excavation of nearly 20 m2.
- The gallery is dewatered by two pumping stations and via the middle access.
- 1.1Remove water from (sediment or waste materials): in theory, this equipment could dewater sewage sludge, but that would require more developmentMore example sentences
- With this pressure gone, the weight of the sediments would dewater the sediments by squeezing the water up through all of the sediment layers, carrying with it sand and silt and leaving it in ever-widening cracks called clastic dykes.
- The frequent occurrence of sediment dewatering structures (notably in facies V) provides ample evidence for high sedimentation rates.
- Anglian Water wants to build the new sludge dewatering plant at its Stock Road works and plans to close a pipeline to take sewage to Stambridge for treatment, built only five years ago.
More definitions of dewaterDefinition of dewater in:
- The US English dictionary