- 1A rudimentary inner toe present in some dogs.More example sentences
- Look for the presence of a dewclaw, an extra digit on the paw.
- If dewclaws are present on your Shih Tzu, trim the dewclaws as well.
- One of her dewclaws had slashed diagonally across my forehead, eyebrow, nose, and cheek.
- 1.1A false hoof on an animal such as a deer, which is formed by its rudimentary side toes.More example sentences
- A fully mature buck (31/2 years old or older) will leave a track measuring 5 to 6 inches from toe tip to the back of the dewclaw (hoof length from 3 to 31/4 inches).
- Since then Ive seen a countless number of does that have left hoof drag marks and dewclaw prints in the snow.
More definitions of dewclawDefinition of dewclaw in:
- The US English dictionary