- A fold of loose skin hanging from the neck or throat of an animal or bird, especially that present in many cattle.More example sentences
- Exposed skin of the ceres, dewlaps, horns, bills or legs may be brightly colored red or blue.
- In tree lizards, the male morphs are represented by differences in the coloration of the dewlap (throat fan) used in social communication.
- Wattle, OT congenital cervical tragus, is a term coined by Clarke1 to describe an unusual skin appendage found on the neck analogous to growths on the dewlaps of birds (turkeys, roosters, etc).
More definitions of dewlapDefinition of dewlap in:
- The US English dictionary