noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic drug of the corticosteroid type, used especially as an anti-inflammatory agent.More example sentences
- The recommended steroid drugs are called dexamethasone and betamethasone.
- Steroids, such as dexamethasone, are often given to reduce the swelling caused by brain tumours.
- To maximize its anti-inflammatory effect, dexamethasone should be given before, or no more than shortly after, the first antibiotic dose.
More definitions of dexamethasoneDefinition of dexamethasone in:
- The US English dictionary