noun[mass noun] Chemistry
- The dextrorotatory form of glucose (and the predominant naturally occurring form).More example sentences
- Having extracted the sugary nectar from flowers, bees use enzymes in their saliva to split the sucrose into dextrose and fructose.
- For carbs, take in pure glucose or dextrose (without the maltodextrin).
- Fast-digesting carbs such as dextrose, maltodextrin or Vitargo will boost insulin and blunt cortisol release, putting you in an ideal anabolic state.
mid 19th century: from Latin dexter, dextr- 'on the right' + -ose2.
More definitions of dextroseDefinition of dextrose in:
- The US English dictionary