- A form of corrosion and weakening of brass objects in which zinc is dissolved out of the brass alloy.More example sentences
- Tin additions significantly increase the corrosion resistance of some brasses, especially resistance to dezincification.
- Alloys above 15% Zn need a stress-relieving heat treatment to avoid stress corrosion and, under certain conditions, can be susceptible to dezincification.
- The material will obtain a deep dezincification, since the dezincification will follow the long beta-phase bands.
More definitions of dezincificationDefinition of dezincification in:
- The US English dictionary