- A large, barrel-shaped or cylindrical wooden drum, typically two-headed, used in South Asia.More example sentences
- While dhol and drum machine are still prominent, a synthesized tabla sound is added so that the percussion comprises a wider variety of sounds.
- Several other musical instruments are used, particularly the dhol, a double-sided drum that is usually hung around the neck and played with sticks, while the dholkit is smaller and played by hand.
- The rhythmic beats of a drum called a dhol accompany a dance with expansive movements.
from Hindi ḍhol.
More definitions of dholDefinition of dhol in:
- The US English dictionary