- A medium-sized dhol.More example sentences
- Percussion heavy, the Angel Brothers' music is a fusion of Indian rhythms, world music and English folk featuring the dhol, dholak, tabla and djembe - kings in the percussion instrument world.
- The Kangra school of paintings of Raga Vasantha portray a fair-coloured Krishna with the gopikas holding musical instruments - the dholak and the khartal (wooden cymbals with strings).
- With this new CD version I realised that he also appears on a third track, minus his shoes and sitting cross-legged playing the dholak (a small hand drum).
Hindi, from ḍhol (see dhol) + the diminutive suffix -ak.
More definitions of dholakDefinition of dholak in:
- The US English dictionary