- A lateen-rigged ship with one or two masts, used chiefly in the Arabian region.More example sentences
- Argyll has challenged 150 ships in all, and boardings varied from small dhows to large container ships.
- Night had fallen by the time the frigate reached the dhow, and the ship's boarding party was greeted by a very relieved crew of fishermen.
- ‘We use the smaller teams to board small vessels - dhows, fishing boats - and we use larger teams for the larger vessels like tankers cargo carriers, passenger ships,’ he said.
late 18th century: from Arabic dāwa, probably related to Marathi dāw.
More definitions of dhowDefinition of dhow in:
- The US English dictionary