- A rare form of diabetes caused by a deficiency of the pituitary hormone vasopressin, which regulates kidney function.More example sentences
- A 35-year-old woman was referred to our neurosurgery department with symptoms of hemianopsia, diabetes insipidus, amenorrhea, and a presumptive diagnosis of pituitary tumor.
- The vet suggests several lab tests to rule out a urinary tract infection and other more serious diseases such as diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus.
- Patients with intracranial germinoma at other locations may present with diabetes insipidus, hypopituitarism, and Perinaud syndrome.
late 19th century: from diabetes + Latin insipidus 'insipid'.
More definitions of diabetes insipidusDefinition of diabetes insipidus in:
- The US English dictionary