Definition of diabolism in English:
Worship of the Devil.
- The ultimate Evil in the film turns out to originate from Ghul's excessive zeal, not from some hoaky diabolism.
- Of these, the most striking is Matthew G. Lewis, whose novel The Monk cast aside Radcliffe's decorum in its sensational depictions of diabolism and incestuous rape.
- Their performances invariably involve roughly equal measures of cruelty, obscenity, sacrilege, diabolism, and Norse paganism (thus accomplishing the difficult feat of simultaneously blaspheming both the Christian God and Odin).
- Example sentences
- Like probably nearly everyone (apart from diabolists, gays and people who think we should try and stop AIDS spreading) I was saddened to hear of his passing.
- To achieve this the diabolists at the Gummi factory have two options.
- It is a high vantage point overlooking the town, a place where a murderous diabolist could hide from the implacable huntress on his trail and from which he can watch and direct his unliving army.
Definition of diabolism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan