Definition of diabolism in English:
Worship of the Devil.
- The ultimate Evil in the film turns out to originate from Ghul's excessive zeal, not from some hoaky diabolism.
- Of these, the most striking is Matthew G. Lewis, whose novel The Monk cast aside Radcliffe's decorum in its sensational depictions of diabolism and incestuous rape.
- Their performances invariably involve roughly equal measures of cruelty, obscenity, sacrilege, diabolism, and Norse paganism (thus accomplishing the difficult feat of simultaneously blaspheming both the Christian God and Odin).
- 1diabolist noun
- Example sentences
- Like probably nearly everyone (apart from diabolists, gays and people who think we should try and stop AIDS spreading) I was saddened to hear of his passing.
- To achieve this the diabolists at the Gummi factory have two options.
- It is a high vantage point overlooking the town, a place where a murderous diabolist could hide from the implacable huntress on his trail and from which he can watch and direct his unliving army.
Early 17th century: from ecclesiastical Latin diabolus or Greek diabolos 'devil' + -ism.
Definition of diabolism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.